Skip to content

Bayer Crop Science Fighting Food Insecurity, Climate Change

September 28, 2022

Bayer Crop Science, which has its North American headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, has put two topics at the center of its research and development initiatives, developing new products that it believes will help mitigate food insecurity and climate change. “We do believe that more than ever, not only because of the pandemic but also…

Read More

Impact investors call for more ‘creative capital’ as agtech innovation increases

September 15, 2022

Agtech has a very important role to play in building a more efficient, equitable and sustainable global food system. From digital to biological tools, agtech entrepreneurs are collectively working to help farmers and food manufacturers create more efficient and healthier food products. But it will require billions from investors in order to turn this potential…

Read More

Featured Blog Post: Adam Bergman

August 22, 2022

Adam Bergman Managing Director, Clean Energy Transition Group & Global Head of AgTech Investment, Citi With more consumers, corporations, investors, and political leaders focusing on the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and environmental damage caused by agriculture, momentum is growing towards building a more sustainable food system. To understand the issues with current food production methods…

Read More

How St. Louis cultivates collaboration between agtech and geospatial tech to strengthen food security

August 22, 2022

Geospatial technologies like remote sensing, GPS, and GIS have existed for decades, but it’s only recently that they’ve been established as important tools for the future of agriculture and, more importantly, global food security. With these tools now enabling things like precision agriculture and data-informed decision-making, the time has come to increase and improve collaboration…

Read More

Encore: Agriculture companies are desperate for workers

August 11, 2022

Want to work in agriculture but farm life is maybe not for you? Well, right now, the largest number of open positions in agriculture is actually in cities, and science backgrounds are especially in demand. Kate Grumke of Harvest Public Media reports on a new crop of ag jobs. Read Full Article ›

Read More

Nicklaus: CoverCress deal is a big win for St. Louis’ ag-startup effort

August 10, 2022

The pitch sounded audacious: Turn a plant that most farmers considered a weed into a cash crop. It was 2012, and some visiting scientists made a presentation about field pennycress at the Danforth Plant Science Center’s innovation showcase. The seeds’ oil content showed promise for renewable fuel production, and the federal government had funded research.…

Read More

Brief: Exit for CoverCress as Bayer buys majority stake in gene-edited cover crop startup

August 8, 2022

Pharma and biotech giant Bayer has increased its investment in low-carbon oilseed producer CoverCress to take a 65% majority stake. The remaining 35% of CoverCress will remain with agribusiness Bunge and energy company Chevron U.S.A., according to a shareholders agreement signed by the two companies and Bayer. The deal will enable CoverCress to further commercialize…

Read More